Citroën's new C4 Cactus hatchback is now available to order in the UK
Citroën's new C4 Cactus features a host of exterior and interior styling, engineering, technology and connectivity updates. There are two core trim levels to choose from – Feel and Flair – plus, for a limited time only, the availability of a Feel Edition model with a PureTech 82 petrol engine. Pricing for the new C-segment hatchback starts from just £17,265 OTR. First deliveries of New C4 Cactus are expected at the beginning of April.
A RANGE OF TECHNOLOGIES AT THE HEART OF THE COMPACT HATCHBACK SEGMENT
New C4 Cactus packs in all of the segment-essential technologies with 12 driving assistance systems to make every day driving easier and safer:
- Active Safety Brake – Reduces the risk of a collision by braking in place of the driver. The multi-purpose camera at the top of the windscreen detects obstacles, for example a vehicle moving in the same direction or when stopped. The system engages the brakes automatically when a risk of collision is detected, from 3mph (5 km/h) to 52mph (85 km/h).
- Speed Limit Recognition and Recommendation – Recognises speed signs and displays the information on the instrument panel. The speed can be registered as an instruction for the speed limiter/cruise control with one simple instruction.
- Lane Departure Warning System – Active at speeds of over 37mph (60 km/h), the system detects the accidental crossing of continuous or dotted white lines when the indicator has not been used. It warns the driver via a sound signal and visual alert on the instrument panel.
- Coffee Break Alert – This feature prompts the driver to consider taking a break after they have been driving for two hours at speeds above 43mph (70 km/h).
- Driver Attention Alert – Warns the driver when the system detects lateral movement relative to the road or lane margins using the multi-function camera at the top of the windscreen. The feature is especially suited to motorway use at speeds over 40mph (65 km/h).
- Blind Spot Monitoring System – Lights in the door mirrors warn the driver if a vehicle is present in the blind spot on either side of the car.
- Park Assist* – Makes parking easier and safer. This system provides active assistance for parallel and perpendicular parking. On the driver’s request, the feature automatically detects a parking space then safely steers the car into it. *Available during the first half of 2018.
- Reversing Camera – When the driver selects reverse gear, a camera displays the rear view of the vehicle on the 7-inch touchscreen. The image is supplemented by colour reference points indicating proximity to any obstacles. This extended vision makes for easy manoeuvres.
- Hill Start Assist – To make hill starts easier, this system prevents any undesired vehicle movement on inclines when the brake pedal is released. The function activates on inclines of over 3% by holding the vehicle in position for two seconds.
- Front Fog Lights with Cornering Function – Depending on the angle of the steering wheel, the left or right fog light activates in addition to the main headlights to illuminate up to a 75° angle to the right or left of the vehicle. The system operates at speeds above 24mph (40 km/h).
- Keyless Entry and Start – This system allows the driver to lock, unlock and start the car without taking the key out of their pocket.
- Grip Control® – Enables the vehicle to adapt its front wheel grip depending on the surface (snow, mud, sand etc.)
The 7-inch touchscreen groups together all of the key vehicle functions, such as the air conditioning, radio and telephone. New C4 Cactus promises continuous connectivity and infotainment.
Other practical and easy-to-use connectivity technologies include voice-controlled 3D navigation via Citroën Connect Nav, Citroën Connect Box with Emergency & Assistance and Mirror Screen functionality with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay™ and MirrorLink®.
The PureTech 82 manual Feel Edition will be available until the end of May 2018. The model is based on the Feel trim level with the addition of the Metropolitan Red interior ambiance. Featuring Advanced Comfort® seats and Citroën’s signature 16-inch black ‘Square’ alloy wheels, the Feel Edition comes with a Deep Red Colour Pack that includes red fog light surrounds and Airbump® highlights. The standard body colour is Polar White with the option of Cumulus Grey, Platinum Grey, Obsidian Black metallic paints and a Pearlescent White finish.
ENGINES AND TRANSMISSIONS
New C4 Cactus range is available with three 3-cylinder PureTech petrol engines and the highly efficient BlueHDi 100 S&S diesel, as well as the latest generation EAT6 fully automatic gearbox.
MODEL RANGE & PRICING
First deliveries of New C4 Cactus are expected at the beginning of April.