To celebrate the 40th edition of the legendary Dakar Rally, taking place from 6 to 20 January 2018, BFGoodrich®, the official tyre of the Dakar with 13 victories to its credit, will select an amateur team and give it the opportunity to participate in the Dakar 2018, through the BFGoodrich® Good Project.
This was launched in 2016 to provide equipment, logistical and financial support for 10 projects to allow car fans to turn their dreams into a living experience.
This new call to motoring enthusiasts from BFGoodrich®, goes even further for those in the pursuit of the ultimate off-road experience, and offers them the opportunity to participate in the iconic off-road event: the Dakar Rally. BFGoodrich® will supply the tyres and registration fees (driver/co-driver/car) for the Dakar 2018 and they will wear the colours of BFGoodrich® during this 40th edition.
The launch of the Good Project Special Dakar calls for online applications on the GoodProject website, Dakar special option - http://goodproject.bfgoodrich.com/subscribe. Entries will be open from 12th April to midnight 16th June, and applicants must fulfil the following criteria, in addition to the usual GoodProject terms and conditions:
1. Be a first-time entrant in the Auto category of the Dakar.
2. Be nationals of member states of the European Union.
3. Demonstrate financial and technical capacities for the Dakar.
4. Have participated at least once in a professional or semi-professional FIA Rally.
5. Be active and follow up on social networks (minimum 500 fans).
6. Produce a video (1 minute max) to prove your motivation and why you would be the best team to defend the colors of BFGoodrich®.
The successful applicant will be chosen at the beginning of July, by a jury who will validate the entries and will announce the winner.